Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Penelope Designs Hats


In Penelope's own words: I have been knitting and crocheting for as long as I can remember, learning at the knee of my Bulgarian grandmother before the age of 10. When my sister had her two baby girls, she asked me to make knitted fruit hats for them (my boys had an anti-hat thing) and people actually stopped her in the streets of New York City to ask where she got them! That's when I realized I could probably sell my handiwork, and so I started my online store and selling hats to friends, neighbors and at craft fairs. My business soon branched out into all kinds of knitted and crocheted goods, and in the past couple of years, into jewelry. I joined Etsy fairly recently, and have loved the feeling of support and community that I find with other people who need to create beautiful things in order to feel alive!

No comments: