Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Kimmings Jewelry


Kim makes sophisticated jewelry in silver and gold wire as well as beaded earings. . Here's her story in her own words.

"Kimmings is a variation of my name-Kim. I started making beaded necklaces as a relief from boredom. I had retired from a career in market research for advertising agencies in New York City because of multiple sclerosis. After years of rushing to meet deadlines and going to school at night for a MBA, free time was a new experience. Facing what turned out to be years of bedrest, I decided to devote more time to jewelry making-at first beadstringing and weaving then wirewrapping. With my jewery collection and supplies threatening to take over my house, I decided to try selling some of my jewelry. " Her modesty forbids her from noticing just how wonderful her pieces are, from the sophisticated silver bracelets to the humorous beaded snowmen in her earing collections.

No comments: