Wednesday, January 30, 2008

In Her Words- Profile of K. Wagner, Bookbinder.

Selling her wares under the name Moonlight Bindery, Katie Wagner has this to say about herself and her work." I am a bookbinder/bookconservator/librarian born, raised and still living in the Metro Washington, D.C. area. Inspired by the collection of papers I have amassed over the years and in need of an outlet for my creative side, I create high quality handbound books and photo albums. On a more whimsical note I also have a line of notebooks created from salvaged boxes. The boxes are from here and my husband's native Germany. The notebooks are wire or spiral bound and run the gamut of the food spectrum! " Pictured here is one of her noteboooks bound in a Necco Wafer Box. What a wonderful Valentine for the literary.

No comments: